In January, we were honoured to secure Mr Danny Low, OAM, as an advisory fellow and mentor here at SkyJuice. Danny has an incredible depth of experience and distinguished record in local and international community-based projects and public service.
Danny has been a member of the Mosman Rotary Club on Sydney’s north shore – “the only Rotary Club that meets in a zoo,” according to Danny, for over 25 years. In that time, he has had many different roles. This has included club president, district governor (overseeing 68 clubs and 2,300 Rotarians) as well as a Rotary Foundation chair.
He has also been instrumental in creating and organising several key initiatives with Rotary and partner organisations:
- The Australian Hand Surgery Project allows teams of Australian hand surgeons to run clinics, train local surgeons, and provide surgical equipment to Vietnam and Myanmar. Danny started the project in 1994 and it’s still running today.
- The Australian Heart Surgery Project works similarly to the Hand Surgery Project, providing cardiac surgery clinics, training, and surgical equipment to Vietnam and Myanmar.
- Literacy for the Girl Child Project, with Mosman Municipal Council, works to improve literacy and education for girls in in Mudanjiang, China.
- The Donation of Wheelchairs Project delivers Australian-made wheelchairs, manufactured to World Health Organization guidelines, to disabled people in Vietnam, Myanmar, Lebanon, and Nigeria. More than 6,000 wheelchairs have been distributed to date.
- The Donation of Hearing Aids Project provides devices to people with impaired hearing in Vietnam, China, and Philippines.
What are Danny’s immediate plans?
Danny is the Rotary International Special Representative for Vietnam, due to his long experience of running NGO projects in the country. He also has extensive experience in Myanmar. We will use his extensive networks and on ground experience to identify suitable safe water partners and projects
He will offer specialist advice will help our partners to operate safe drinking water projects in these countries with due respect to facilitation requirements of local governments and authorities.
Please contact him if you assist and connect partners.
We’re thrilled to welcome Danny aboard!